Welcome to Canoe Country Outfitters
We are a family-owned kayak, canoe, and paddleboard shop serving the St. Petersburg and greater Tampa Bay area since 1986. We are centrally located on 54th Ave N and 64th Way in St. Petersburg, and offer a huge selection of items; anything from kayaks, canoes, stand-up paddleboards (SUP), and Gheenoes, to motors, trailers, paddles, PFDs, Engel coolers, rod holders, rudders, and various other outfitting needs for fishing and paddling alike.
We carry a wide variety of kayaks, including: touring, recreational, and fishing, from a multitude of companies, such as Current Designs, Dagger, Hurricane Aquasports, Ocean Kayak, Old Town, Perception Kayaks, and Wilderness Systems; we are the exclusive Wilderness Systems dealer for Pinellas County. Whether you have paddled for 20 years, or have never set foot in the water, we can direct you to the next kayak of your fancy. Filling your needs from the kayak first, while allowing for all the luxuries you would like to add as well.
Are you looking for kayaks or kayak accessories?
We carry a full line of boards from TAHE SUP. TAHE is a brand born from the union of BIC Sport and Tahe Outdoors, two legendary companies famous for decades of commitment to water sports. With this merger, BIC Sport's manufacturing expertise and focus on family fun is now combined with Tahe Outdoor's dedication to exploration and craftsmanship. Even if you have never stood on a board before, stop by the shop and our well-informed staff will find the perfect fit for both your needs and your budget.
We cannot forget the micro-skiff that has ruled the flats for over 40 years now. We are talking about Gheenoe! Made in Titusville, Florida, they rule the flats with an alternative to both the standard canoe, and the flats skiff. The fiberglass hulls are designed to plane, and when powered properly, absolutely fly across the water. One of their smaller models, the 15'4 Highsider, can go up to 15mph with a 9.9hp on the back! We stock the two Highsider (13' and 15') models regularly, with the ability to special order any bigger model you may want (such as the 15'6 Classic, 16' Super, and Low Tide 25), customized exactly to your specifications. We work closely with both Gheenoe and Custom Gheenoe to offer the exact skiff of your desires.
Have an interest in the emerging stand-up paddleboard phenomenon?
Canoe Country Outfitters announces a new policy starting immediately:
- We will offer an additional 5% discount to Active and Retired members of the Military. (You must show a valid Military I.D. card).
Feel free to give us a call at (727) 545-4554 during normal business hours, our staff will be happy answer any questions and clear any concerns you may have. You can also email any questions to email@example.com, we will answer them within 48 hours at the most.
Have any questions while browsing our site?
Call Canoe Country Outfitters and let the water take you on your next adventure.
We are located in beautiful St. Petersburg, Florida
6493 54th Avenue North, St. Petersburg, FL 33709
Local: 727.545.4554 | Fax: 727.545.4554
HOURS OF OPERATION:
Monday/Tuesday: 9am - 6pm
Wednesday: 9am - 3pm
Thursday/Friday: 9am - 6pm
Saturday: 9am - 5pm
Sunday: 12am - 5pm
From Palm Harbor
- Go South on US-19
- Take Ramp (Right) onto 66th St. N. (SR-693 S) towards SR-693/ 66th St. N./ St. Petersburg Beach
- Turn Left (East) onto 54th Ave. N. The store is two blocks up on the left hand side of the road.
- Merge onto I-75 N. via the ramp on the Left towards Tampa (22.4 miles)
- Merge onto I-275 N. via Exit 228 towards St. Petersburg (Toll)
- Over the Sunshine Skyway Bridge/ North on I-275 to exit 26B/
- Turn Right heading westbound on 54th Ave. N.
- The store is 3.5 miles down on the right hand side of the road.
From Central Florida
- Take I-4 to I-275 S. southbound through Tampa over the Howard Franklin Bridge.
- Continue south I-275 towards St. Petersburg
- Take a Right on Exit 26 (54th Ave. Westbound)
- Shop is located 3.5 miles from I-275 N. on the right hand side of the road.